1. & 2. Juni 2013 - SPV WORKSHOP mit Rachel Rafiefar
Pre and Post Pregnancy Postgraduate Training Inhalt
Pilatesworks, Bahnhofstrasse 33, CH-8703 Erlenbach
10:00 - 18:00
Mitglieder CHF 450.- / nicht Mitglieder CHF 490.-
IBAN CH91 0900 0000 6073 1027 0BIC POFICHBEXXX
Course Outline for Pre and Post Pregnancy Postgraduate Training
Course Director: Rachel Rafiefar
To deliver a course that concurs with the National Standard and recommendations/guidelines for working with the Pre and Postnatal woman
To obtain recognised certification in pre and postnatal certification for the graduates after a one hour written examination and four pieces of written work.
The weekend/two days aims to cover for theoretical, practical, clinical and discussion sessions.
By the end of the training course teachers will be able to
- Demonstrate a sufficient knowledge of the basic anatomy of bones, joints and muscles and their function in relation to the changes that they undergo in the pre and postnatal period
- Demonstrate a sufficient knowledge of basic physiology of the muscles in relation to exercise and pregnancy. This will enable the student to can lead a safe and effective Prenatal and Postnatal exercise class.
- Plan and run an effective and safe prenatal and postnatal Pilates class
- Show a commitment to, and ability to further her knowledge and skills in this field.
- Show an ability to evaluate what she/he is doing and learn from her own experience.
There are two requirements in order to certify as a Pre and Postnatal Pilates teacher with The Thoughtfulbody Teacher Training Programme (TTB UK LTD) and be eligible to join the Guild of Pregnancy and Postnatal Exercise teachers (http://postnatalexercise.co.uk/)
1. The Exam
- The exam will be held in conjunction with the hosting Teacher Training Provider main Pilates examinations and with the The Thoughtfulbody Pilates Examinations. This is to ensure equality and diversity and to set a common standard across the board. On application to the course the hosting Teacher Training Provider and The Thoughtfulbody will provide dates of their next examination sittings. For Quality Assurance purposes you will need to sit the examination within one year of the dates you attended the teacher training weekend. If this is not possible you will be asked to re-sit the training weekend before examination.
- The exam will be 1.5 hours long and will be a mixture of multichoice and short sentence answers.
- You will need to bring pens only to the exam. You will write your answers on the examination paper itself.
- Teachers working abroad. In this instance please contact Rachel Rafiefar directly to discuss your circumstances and your ability to sit the examination. In the past we have managed to find an invigilator and suitable venue facilities, however a fee may be charged to cover hire of facilities and to pay the invigilator.
- There is no fee charged marking of your exam or the sitting of your exam if in the UK and at the alloted examination dates.
2. The Class Plans
Before your final certification is given, you are required to submit 4 class plans. Each class plan is for a pregnant woman in the varying stage of her pregnancy.
Please refer to the Guidelines for the Pre and Postnatal Exam Process for further details
Examinations are required for insurance reasons if you wish to specialise in and teach Pre and Postnatal Specialist classes.
These are included in the original fee
Teacher will have to pre –read their course notes in advance of the course. Prepare any questions and concerns they have. Course notes are sent via e mail once payment has been made.
Teachers should have a nationally recognised Pilates Training either Matwork or Fully comprehensive certification and be teaching for a minimum period of one year
Teachers should be prepared to present and teach Pilates on the course in Matwork situations
Rachel Rafiefar is the Director of The Thoughtful Body™ which was established in 1994 as a way of bringing mind, body, spirit and exercise together, using the Pilates Method as a medium. She trained in 1989 with Alan Herdman and has over 23 years in the Pilates Industry having gained a professional reputation for quality and innovative teaching.
Having taught in Stockholm and London, Rachel moved to the Midlands and established The Thoughtful Body™ Teacher Training Program in June 2000 She has lectured for organisations such as the National Childbirth Trust, Zen School of Shiatsu, Guild of Pregnancy and Postnatal Exercise Teachers, Pilates Foundation UK, European College of Bowen Studies, IMDC and Derby University. She was a Founder Member and Director of the Pilates Foundation where she taught, served on the Education Committee and examined from 1997 to 2012. She is a Founder Member of the Independent Pilates Teachers Association (IPTA) and is currently serving on the Board of Directors.